How big are they?
- Each Wishlantern is 42.5 Inches Tall, at its widest point it is 26 Inches wide and has a 16 Inch bamboo hoop at the base
What are the guidelines to launch Wishlanterns?
- Only launch in dry, calm, windless conditions.
- Only launch in open spaces, far away from airports, buildings, and overhead objects.
- Launch away from dry crops, woodlands, and plants.
- Please have a fire extinguisher and water close by for safety purposes.
- For full information for a safe launch please check here
How do I Launch them?
- Check wind direction.
- Ensure there are no obstacles in the way of the intended balloon flight.
- Ensure Wish Lantern is fully open and corners are not creased.
- Light the corners of the fuel cell.
- Hold the Wish Lantern upright and after a few seconds the Wish Lantern will feel lighter and will gradually rise.
- Do not attempt to throw it up into the air, just guide it and let it go by itself.
- Stand back and watch it float up into the sky.
- For full information for a safe launch please check here
What are the Wishlanterns made out of?
- Wishlanterns are handmade with a bamboo hoop at the base of lantern, flameproof rice paper, a parafin fuel cell, and flameproof string.
Are they Biodegradable and Eco Friendly?
- We have a range of Eco Wishlantern that contain no wire and are 100% biodegradable.
How long do they stay lit for?
- The Fuel cells stays alight for approx 12mins.
Is the Fuel Cell attached?
- Yes, our lanterns come fully assembled and ready for use.
Do they require any assembly?
- No, they do not require any assembly. Wishlanterns are ready to go, simply unfold and then launch.
How far do they travel?
- Wishlanterns should be launched in calm conditions. Once they are high in the sky they can be carried downwind vast distances. On a very still day they will hover abovehead and not travel far.
How high will they go?
- On average they can reach a height of approximately 3'000 feet. Sometimes higher if the air is cooler.
How much is too much wind?
- We recommend calm days with less than 5mph winds.
Are they a fire hazard or risk?
- As with any item that contains a flame Wishlanterns should be handled with care and appropriate safety measure put in place. This includes having water and a fire extinguisher nearby. Used sensibly and in the right conditions Wishlanterns are a safe and fun alternative to Fireworks.
Can 1 person light them by themselves?
- Yes, one person can light them but to make it easier we recommend pairing off in 2's to launch the lanterns efficiently.
What colors do they come in?
- Our colored pack is a mixed 5 pack including Red, Yellow, Green, Purple, Blue
- Classic White
- Themed lanterns including Stars & Stripes, Halloween Jack-O-Lantern &Santa lantern.
How many do I need to order?
- Wishlanterns look great launched in groups but they are also effective as a single lantern lantern for remembering someone special.
Do you need permits to light them?
- Most places in the USA do not require a permit but if in doubt please check with your local regulations.
Should I light them near an airport?
- We recommend being at least 10 miles from any airports when launching your Wishlanterns.
What happens after the fuel cell goes out?
- After the fuel cell burns out completely the lantern then falls back to the earth.
How long does it take for them to disintegrate after flight?
- The rice paper will completely dissolve after it gets wet in a matter of days. All that remains after that is the bamboo ring and a string, which are both, made of 100 % organic material and break down in due course.
Can I store them?
- Yes, Wishlanterns come packaged with a silica gel pack to prevent moisture damaging the lanterns. They are also sealed individually and then again into packs of five for maximum moisture protection. You can store this product at least 1 year.
How long does shipping take?
- We normally ship all orders placed on weekdays within 24 hours. This excludes national holidays and weekends. Many orders leave the day they are placed but this is not guaranteed.
- Any order placed on a weekend or national holiday will be shipped on the next business day.
Ground shipping usually takes 4-5 days to deliver to most states. Home delivery days are Tuesday to Saturday up to 7.00 pm.
Days indicated are business days, Mon-Fri only. There is no Saturday or Sunday delivery. The day your order ships does not count as a time-in-transit day. Start counting AFTER the day it ships. (Note: Shipping days refer to business days only, Mon-Fri and not Saturday, Sunday or Holidays.)
NEED IT FASTER?
3 Day Select - Arrives at the end of the day, 3 business days after the day it ships out. Example: Ships on Tuesday, arrives on Friday. Ships on Friday, arrives on Wednesday and so forth.
2nd Day Air - Arrives 2 business days after the day it ships out. Example: Ships on Monday, arrives on Wednesday. Ships on Friday, arrives on Tuesday and so forth.
Next Day Air - Arrives on the next business day after the day it ships out. Example: Ships on Monday, arrives on Tuesday. Ships on Friday, arrives on Monday and so forth.
How long does it take to process my order before it is shipped?
- Any orders placed by 12:00 p.m.CT (Mon-Fri) ship on the same day! This excludes holidays and weekends.
Orders placed after 12.00 noon CST weekday or on weekends for overnight, second day or three day do not ship till the following business day
Do you offer overnight shipping?
- When checking out you will be presented with a range of shipping options dependant on your location. In most areas you can request overnight delivery at an additional cost.
Do you ship to Canada?
- Yes, We ship to Canada. There may be additional charges which will be calculated at checkout.
Can I track my package after I order?
- All orders are processed and shipped within 1 business day. We send you out a shipping number to the email that you used for the transaction.
Do you accept returns?
- Yes, if you wish to return your lanterns, we will accept them if returned within 30 days of purchase and refund your order in full. Please contact us for a Return Authorization Number before returning the merchandise. However, you, the purchaser is responsible for both the return shipping, and the initial shipping expenses to your designated address.
Can you/we ship them to our destination outside of the United States?
- Yes, we use the 'International Checkout' company that will ship the product worldwide. For more information about this company and service please look here
How much will my shipping cost?
- You can calculate shipping costs online.
- Chose the item that you are interested in ordering
- Add to Cart
- Enter your zip code in Calculate Shipping
If you have additional questions that are not listed this page, please fill out the form on our contact page and we will try to contact you within the same business day.